£30,000 – £35,000 per annum
Having secured significant private investment, we are now planning a major fibre-to-the home build across rural communities in the East of England, connecting thousands of homes to next generation full fibre infrastructure.
We are looking for individuals with the knowledge, creativity, drive and determination to help the company achieve its goals successfully. This is a dynamic, exciting environment to work within and will provide significant opportunities for the right people, with the right skills, to develop and grow with the company.
To support our growth toward becoming the leading broadband network and services provider in the area, we are looking for a talented and experienced Procurement Manager.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Procurement Manager will have direct responsibility to:
- Lead purchases of large value infrastructure
- Liaise with key company employees to determine their product and service needs
- Ensure requirements are documented correctly
- Lead the procurement or goods or services
- Lead contract development
- Manage suppliers against contract.
- Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
- Identify and research potential new suppliers
- Research new products and services to meet company’s goals
- Assess total costs of company purchases
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels.
- Lead the procurement of major purchases.
- Ensure Company Supplier Management and Purchase Process Policy is maintained and adhered to.
The candidate should have proven experience and capability in the following areas:
- People Person
- Good at Networking
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Data Analysis
- Good Business Instincts
- Mathematics Skills
- Good Negotiator
- Financial Analysis Skills
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures
- Experience as a Procurement Clerk or Junior Buyer
Advantage would also be given for the following:
- Knowledge of Supply Management Software
- Specialised Industry Knowledge
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, or Supply Chain Management
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS)
We would be delighted to hear from you if you believe you have the right skill set to complement our team.
Please forward your CV to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.