PR & Communications Manager
Full time, permanent
Basic Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 D.O.E
Having secured significant private investment, we are now planning a major fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP) build across communities in the East of England, connecting thousands of businesses and homes to next generation full fibre infrastructure.
We are looking for individuals with the knowledge, creativity, drive and determination to help the company achieve its goals. This is a dynamic, exciting environment to work within and will provide significant opportunities for the right people, with the right skills, to develop and grow with the company.
To support our growth and maintaining our leading broadband network and services provider status in the area, we are looking for a talented and experienced PR & Communications Manager that will assist in driving forward our tone of voice and publicising our exciting and ambitious growth agenda to our clients, the media and our stakeholders.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, the PR & Communications Manager will have the following direct responsibilities:
- To write and manage the corporate communications and PR plan across our target build areas
- ‘Own’ the stakeholder engagement plan at community level, including drafting and preparing communications content across our network roll-out area
- Taking ownership of the blogging activity for County Broadband and producing engaging content for websites and social media
- Developing the County Broadband’s corporate tone of voice and managing the company’s core descriptors, supporting the Head of Marketing
- Mentoring the existing Communications Executive and helping that member of staff achieve their full potential
- Drafting communications press releases and monitoring press coverage for the company and reporting impact and demographics to the Senior Leadership Team
- Drafting and proof-reading marketing materials with the wider marketing team
- Arranging other ad-hoc communications in line with the marketing plan
- Prepping management in relation to media/PR speaking opportunities
Skills and Experience
- Will have a strong understanding of the workings of news and press journalists and will be able to provide and draft compelling content and news angles for publication
- Strong writing, proofing and editing skills – able to create content without
- Will have worked in and understand either ‘in-house’ or within and agency or busy newsroom environment
- Will have a focus on attention to detail and planning – such as communications campaigns
- Will have the ability to inspire, manage and develop junior members of staff within the team and engage with wider colleagues
- Will possess a journalism or chartered qualification (ideally NCTJ news exams or CIPR)
- Understands the telecommunications or internet/technology marketplace at either corporate or SME level
- Able to digest and present information in both written and printed format, focusing on simplicity vs. industry jargon
- Confident communicator in nature and able to engage confidently on a person to person basis
Education & Experience
- CIPR or NCTJ journalism qualifications
- Degree level communications (desirable)
We would be delighted to hear from you if you believe you have the right skill set to complement our team.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to reply to each one, therefore if you have not heard from us with 14 days of your application you have unfortunately not been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for County Broadband Ltd to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. If at any stage, you with to withdraw your consent please contact us.