Design / Project Engineer or Fibre Design Manager
£42,000 – £52,000 per annum
Aldham , Essex
Having secured significant private investment, we are now planning a major fibre-to-the home build across rural communities in the East of England, connecting thousands of homes to next generation full fibre infrastructure.
We are looking for individuals with the knowledge, creativity, drive and determination to help the company achieve its goals successfully. This is a dynamic, exciting environment to work within and will provide significant opportunities for the right people, with the right skills, to develop and grow with the company.
To support our growth toward becoming the leading broadband network and services provider in the area, we are looking for a talented and experienced Design Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Delivery, the Design Manager will have direct responsibility for:
- The creation of all planning and design policy to support the network build and to ensure we are delivering a cost-effective solution that is future proofed
- The creation of the initial High-Level Solution Design and then working closely with the contractors in the validation of the Low-Level Solution design
- Owning the passive and active network architecture
- Working closely with the Head of Network Strategy and Operations to ensure the technology is used to maximise the benefit to the company
The candidate should have proven experience and capability in the following areas:
- Creating design and planning rules and strategic direction for the network
- Experience of working in a telecommunications infrastructure build environment
- Able to define and create technical high and low -level documentation to a high standard
- Proven ability of designing networks on a GIS system
- Ideally with experience of designing networks using multiple solutions i.e. overhead, underground, PIA, radio etc.
- Third party contractor management
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and able to manage teams, resources and stake holders effectively
- Detailed technical appreciation for different network technology i.e. WDM, fibre, radio etc.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you believe you have the right skill set to complement our team.
Please forward your CV to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.