£30,000 – £35,000 per annum
Having secured significant private investment, we are now planning a major fibre-to-the home build across rural communities in the East of England, connecting thousands of homes to next generation full fibre infrastructure.
We are looking for individuals with the knowledge, creativity, drive and determination to help the company achieve its goals successfully. This is a dynamic, exciting environment to work within and will provide significant opportunities for the right people, with the right skills, to develop and grow with the company.
To support our growth toward becoming the leading broadband network and services provider in the area, we are looking for a talented and experienced Build Supervisor.
Reporting to the Build Manager, the Build Supervisor will have direct responsibility for:
- Monitoring work to ensure permits and company time-scales are met
- Carrying out site meetings with Highway Authority representatives to agree Traffic Management requirements for jobs
- Liaising with Local Authorities and contractors
- Ensuring permit requirements are met and reported correctly
- Carrying out audits to ensure that work and sites meet NRSWA and Health & Safety standards
- Ensuring that all sub-contractors under supervision are competent, fully trained, aware of all requirements and have been fully approved, appraised and/or inducted before commencing work on site
- Reviewing and signing off all corrective actions/improvements raised against works
- Completing site surveys including risk assessments of new sites ensuring any necessary changes are reported to the Build Manager
- Managing onsite Physical Infrastructure Access program
- Liaising with client/end user in advance of works to ensure awareness and reduce possible issues
- Reviewing plans and ensuring all documentation is available as required (utility stats, clear engineering drawings, etc)
- Managing contractor’s day to day undertakings on site (labour, materials, PPE, HSE, permits, qualifications)
- Recording and reporting all deviations from original plans
- Ensuring departures from estimate are reported in a timely manner and by the correct process
- Ensuring completed works are to the right standard providing reports, documentation, pictures, etc where required
- Providing cover for other Supervisors as required
The candidate should have proven experience and capability in the following areas:
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and able to liaise and manage stakeholders effectively
- A good understanding of fibre network installations
- The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and be an effective and efficient leader
- NRSWA accreditation
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a supervisory position.
- Understanding of poling, cable or civils installations on a fibre network
We would be delighted to hear from you if you believe you have the right skill set to complement our team.
Please forward your CV to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.